Char essence is the purest oak wood vinegar free from artificial ingredients. A distillate of baking wood, it is a natural by-product from the traditional Japanese production of white charcoal. the condensed steam from the heated wood is collected from the kiln, matured for six months and filtered several times with white charcoal to achieve the highest level of purity thereby creating the intriguing smoky scent that has become the signature fragrance of sort of coal.
Wood vinegar has been used for medicinal purposes throughout Asia for centuries and highly valued for its deodorising and deep cleansing effects, as well as for its delicious skin softening properties. Which is why char essence is likely to become your most essential and useful household product.
Char essence (100% oak wood vinegar) is highly concentrated and should be dissolved in water or other liquid by up to 500 times. so you only need 5 small drops for 100 ml water.
- For a revitalising home spa experience
- For a moisturising and purifying facial wash mix 5 ml with a litre of water, and use a soaked cloth or sponge to wash
- For a deodorising, deep cleansing foot bath you can add a little more, then soak your feet for a relaxing half hour
- To rinse dandruff and smells from your hair
- To freshen and soften your laundry
- To disinfect and remove odours
- To cleanse your chopping boards
- To use as an insect repellent